Missing Maui Yoga Instructor Found Alive After Two Weeks In Hawaii Forest

The 35-year-old yoga instructor who disappeared during a routine hike in Hawaii was rescued Friday via helicopter, 16 days after she went missing.

"She got lost and was stuck and slightly injured in the forest-way way out", they said in the announcement, posted on the Facebook page "Findamanda". She was reported missing in Maui on May 9 by her boyfriend, Benjamin Konkol, after her vehicle was found parked near Makawao Forest Reserve with her wallet and cellphone inside on May 8. Her white Toyota RAV4 was found in the forest parking lot with her phone and wallet inside.

Maui County Mayor Michael Victorino said he's grateful for the community's efforts in the search.

"We all look to our right ... and out of the woodwork, man, you see Amanda Eller, my friend, coming out, waving her hands", Cantellops said. "Between two waterfalls down a deep ravine in a creek bed". She has a little bit of exposure from the sun, a little bit of sunburn.

The Honolulu newspaper also reported that a photo was posted to a Facebook page tracking the search, showing a smiling Eller with what appeared to be injuries to her face and dirt on her clothing. Searchers Troy Helmer, Javier Cantellops and Chris Berquist spotted the missing hiker from air, foraging for food. "Amanda Eller is alive!" the announcement read.

Her mother described her as being in "surprisingly good shape" considering how long she had been missing.

Eller's father John Eller told KITV 4 his daughter was able to walk for the first five to eight days of her disappearance, and simply got lost in the terrain as she tried to make her way back.

"I was crying tears of joy", Eller's mother told KHON. "She is just as strong as we always said she would be", Haynes wrote on Facebook. "She was several miles above Twin Falls, over in deep H'aiku, way off the beaten track".

"I really felt the only thing to do was bring awareness to the fact that she did come here for a period of time and impacted the lives of others and had good friends here", Olenik said. We hope and pray that she and her family will fully recover from this ordeal. They were in a helicopter searching out of the general area where we have been in. "I love you guys so much, thank you guys so much". "The moment that she did not arrive home at night I knew something was wrong".