Child thrown from Mall of America balcony showing ‘real signs of recovery’

The 5-year-old boy thrown from a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America last Friday is showing "real signs of recovery", a spokesman for the family said. "New test results have been positive, though he remains in intensive care with a long road ahead", Tillitt said in a statement.

According to the little boy's mother, Aranda came up very close to where she was sitting with other women as they stood outside the Rainforest Cafe restaurant. Our faith in God and our Savior Jesus remains strong and we are gaining more reason for optimism day by day.

The statement continued to ask for privacy and said the family feels overwhelming love and support, and expressed gratitude for the support they've received.

Landen plunged nearly 40 feet and suffered head trauma and multiple broken bones.

Hoffman's family has raised almost 90 percent of its $1 million goal, around $890,000 as of Friday afternoon. "They said he admitted throwing the kid from the balcony and said he had arrived at the mall a day earlier seeking to kill someone but it didn't" work out" Aranda originally said before selecting the child instead he meant to kill an adult, " the complaint said. They say he was angry and aggressive because women he approached at the mall wouldn't talk to him.

The man accused of throwing Landen, 24-year-old Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda, allegedly later told police he was "looking for someone to kill" after he'd been rejected by multiple women over the years at the mall, according to reports. Thank you so much, from the bottom of our hearts. Aranda then picked up her son, threw him off the balcony and fled the scene.

Aranda originally said he planned to kill an adult before choosing the child instead.

Aranda is charged in Hennepin County with attempted murder.

Aranda was arrested at a nearby light rail train station. He was previously convicted for assault at the mall twice in 2015. When asked if he had any questions, Aranda replied, "Not at all".

Aranda made a brief court appearance on Tuesday where bail was set at $2 million.

Court records reveal that Aranda had been ordered to undergo psychological examination or therapy following the mall assaults that are earlier.

Investigators said he repeatedly acknowledged he'd come to the mall with intentions to kill and signaled that he was "aware that what he was doing was wrong", according to the charging documents.