Valverde looking forward to facing Zidane again

Barcelona have ruled French forward Ousmane Dembele out of action for a month with a hamstring injury, endangering his chances of featuring in the Champions League quarterfinals and much of the final stretch of Barca's bid to win La Liga.

They joined Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Ajax, FC Porto, Barcelona and Juventus.

Valverde added that his side are not affected by Roma's comeback in last year's competition.

Against Juventus and Cristiano Ronaldo, though, Ajax are in tough. While they do have a favorable draw against Porto, it is worth noting that only two English teams (Liverpool in 2005 and Manchester United in 2008) have lifted the Champions League trophy this century. A major highlight of this year league till now is the early exit of the current Champions and the most successful club "Real Madrid".

With City also drawn second in their meeting with Spurs, two near neighbours can not be at home on the same night or on back-to-back evenings. The Portuguese attacker has scored 19 times in the Italian top-flight, with a further four goals coming in the Champions League.

He will also have to sit out the league games against Espanyol, Villarreal and, in all probability, Atletico Madrid's visit to Camp Nou on April 6.

Mauricio Pochettino's side have suffered defeats to Manchester City in their last three meetings.

Coutinho refused to commit his long-term future to Barcelona
Coutinho refused to commit his long-term future to Barcelona

That result ended Atletico's dreams of reaching the final, which will be played at their Wanda Metropolitano Stadium on Saturday, June 1.

The draw for the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals is out.

Manchester City's triumph over Schalke was expected, but it was Manchester United, who arguably produced the biggest surprise by upsetting PSG with a 3-1 victory at Parc des Princes with an outrageously weakened first team.

But Barcelona presents Solskjaer with his toughest challenge yet.

But Ronaldo can not be dismissed with a wave of hand especially in big matches.

"We aren't thinking about what happened a year ago, we're thinking about the games now and have studied the first leg", Valverde said.


Popular
  • Ariana Grande Gets Her Own Specialty Drink & Playlist At Starbucks

    Ariana Grande Gets Her Own Specialty Drink & Playlist At Starbucks

    It turns out that Starbucks was inspired by Grande to create a brand new macchiato, according to a press release from the company. Both the "7 Rings" singer and Starbucks shared cryptic tweets about the collaboration on Monday, tweeted out cloud emojis.
    Britain’s Labour Party Leader Backs Brexit Referendum

    Britain’s Labour Party Leader Backs Brexit Referendum

    The opposition Labour party moved this week to support a second referendum on Britain's European Union membership. Labour's decision to support a second referendum will cost the party dearly in our heartlands and marginal seats.
    Harper, Phillies agree to $330M, 13-year deal

    Harper, Phillies agree to $330M, 13-year deal

    Harper will see his former team very early in the 2019 season as the Phillies will play the Nationals in Washington on April 2. All of that after they'd already signed Andrew McCutchen and upgraded the shortstop position by trading for Jean Segura .
  • White House Budget Proposal Asks For $8.6 Billion For Border Wall

    White House Budget Proposal Asks For $8.6 Billion For Border Wall

    The request is just a part of the president's 2020 budget blueprint, which he's expected to present to lawmakers on Monday. The budget plan foresees a 1.1-trillion-dollar deficit in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and a 1-trillion-dollar deficit in 2022.
    Trump Claims He Said

    Trump Claims He Said "Tim Cook Apple"

    I used to say, 'Tim, you gotta start doing it here, ' and you really have, you've really put a big investment in our country. Though, if you are an Android user, Cook's name will only appear as "Tim ", as only Apple and IOS users can see the tweak.
    Trump blames Cohen testimony for collapse of summit with Kim Jong

    Trump blames Cohen testimony for collapse of summit with Kim Jong

    President Donald Trump take a walk after their first meeting at the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi hotel, on February 28, 2019. He was referring to his decision to leave Hanoi without making any deals with Kim over North Korea's nuclear ambitions.
  • Twitter reacts to blockbuster Odell Beckham Jr

    Twitter reacts to blockbuster Odell Beckham Jr

    He was awarded the team's Ed Block Courage Award near the end of a 2017 season in which he played through a painful thumb injury. That's better than the Chargers, Bears and Colts (all at 16-to-1), as well as the Vikings and Eagles (both at 20-to-1).
    Victor  claims $1.5 billion Mega Millions jackpot in SC

    Victor claims $1.5 billion Mega Millions jackpot in SC

    Others speculated the winning ticket had been purchased by an office pool and was now the subject of litigation. The lottery commission's statement gave no clue as to why the victor took his or her time to come forward.
    Gun battle rages between Al Shabaab and Somali troops after hotel attack

    Gun battle rages between Al Shabaab and Somali troops after hotel attack

    And in January this year, 14 people were killed in a Shabaab-claimed attack on a luxury hotel complex in Nairobi. The US military has been targeting Al Shabab with aerial strikes.
  • Democrats Keep Trying to Cover Up Their Anti-Semitism

    Democrats Keep Trying to Cover Up Their Anti-Semitism

    It should have been a no-brainer for the Democrat-led House to promptly issue a resolution condemning Omar's repeated hate speech. As I have often written before, what you say in such sensitive matters can matter less than what people hear.
    Real Madrid Boss On Sergio Ramos' Absence

    Real Madrid Boss On Sergio Ramos' Absence

    Jose Mourinho , who previously managed Madrid before returning to England with Chelsea in 2013, has also been mentioned in relation to the position.
    United States  seeks information on potential misuse of F-16 by Pakistan

    United States seeks information on potential misuse of F-16 by Pakistan

    Pakistan said the Indian bombs hit a largely empty hillside without hurting anyone. The children's father was critically wounded.

CONNECT